Back Into the Groove



First and foremost before I get onto updating you all with my life I'd like to wish everyone a
Happy Holiday Season as well as a Happy New Year.
It's late, I know, but we all get caught up in the rush of the Holidays.


   Now onto the blogging. 
Over the past month, I've been doing just about nothing, "nothing" of course being a subcategory of the mundane, nothing special. I spent time with my family of friends as well as my immediate family, which is what going "home" for Winter Break is all about, isn't it?  I however discovered very soon into my stay, that the saying "Home is where the heart is"... is so incredibly true, and my heart was stuck in my dorm room back in California! Not just my heart, but my readiness to create... they were stuck on the opposite coast, leaving me with sluggish habits and too many episodes of Law and Order: SVU, as well as Beetlejuice: The Animated Series to watch. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to be back, thrilled to see my friends, but my creative habitat was sorely missed, and I anticipate returning to my new home later this week.

For now however, I'm running out my time remaining on the East Coast in New York City. I really did miss all the walking, believe it or not, though my sprained toe would say otherwise... it's my love of NYC walking that prevented me from driving for the longest time. Since getting to the city I've been out and about, mostly trying to find warmer clothing than the ones I currently have for my stay... alas my search has been fruitless, but I have a few more days to search! Today however was the first time I could shoot without feeling drained, to which happened over break as I attempted projects only to come back to photos I could not stand behind. Today however was a pleasure, even with the record low temperatures in Manhattan. Sticking to hole-in-the-wall shops and connivance store, the goal was to bring discord as well as a fun loving vibe to the mundane, which was so much fun in the process. The photos are uploaded in a lower quality than what I usually go with as the RAW was turned into JPEG then processed three times, so I have to recreate the same images with just the RAW (just in case) when I have spare time.

I hope you all enjoy the photos, I already have another shoot planned for tomorrow morning as well as many ideas just about ready to be in production for the studio, so look out for that. OH, and before I forget, starting MONDAY 1/13 I will be trying my best to post weekly inspirations to which will range from photographs, make-up ideas, fashion, music, everything that gives me the vibe to create so with any luck this blog will be 10x more active.

Stay Warm!
xoxoxo
Rae Blaiyr



The Happiest Skeleton in all the land










0 comments:

Post a Comment