Let it Snow, Let it Snow




Where to begin? This past week has been beyond crazy- finishing my first semester at California Institute for the Arts (Otherwise known as Calarts), packing, air travel, deinstalling previous works... absolute mayhem. I arrived home yesterday at about eight in the morning, and after not sleeping on the plane, by nine-thirty I was out shooting with my friend Mary. Mary is my longest collaborator, and I was beyond excited to see her again for a shoot... let alone a shoot in the middle of a snowy winter! As it progressed, she opened up about being willing to pose nude (she had expressed an interest in doing so ages ago, and we confirmed the idea a few months earlier after I shot my nude study). With a spare room and a beautifully lit day we went to work, experimenting with the idea of what exactly beauty is, and the duality of natural beauty with typical media beauty poses. In all it was a fun day, and a fun shoot.

And before I forget, welcome to my blog! i've for the longest time felt the desire to post more of the photos I take but in long sets from the shoot, and after some thinking I decided "why not". So in the future, this is where complete sets from shoots will be posted after previews are on my facebook page, and in the upcoming weeks before I have other shoots booked expect "from the vault" posts where I shall be posting older collections to get them up here.

I hope everyone is enjoying their winter/winter holidays :)
xx
Rae Blaiyr




















1 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always, Rae. <3 Particularly fond of the last three. The compositions of the photos are just superb. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete