Bleeding Colour

I know, I know.
I missed the weekly inspirations last week.
Well in my defense, on Thursday I finally began my studio lighting workshop as well as another workshop at school, and honestly I have been so exhausted that I have been sleeping during my downtime. 
However, that all changed Friday Evening... at least for the most part.
For a while now I have been researching publications to submit work to, and I noticed one in particular had an issue coming up with an art theme... which feel perfectly in line with a portrait series I have planned in the back of my head. Plot twist: the deadline was Sunday 1/26. In a dash I booked the studio for the annoying spot of 11pm to 5am and as such, I was up that late shooting, styling, and attempting to turn my face into a painting. I couldn't have done it without my roommate, who assisted me in shooting- listening to my guidelines of composition as she pressed the shutter release, as it was too last minute to get models. 
Over the weekend I retouched the photos... it was my first time retouching so I am not happy with how they came out but what can ya do. On Sunday I sent in the photos and with the crippling realization that I hadn't fully researched the magazine... realized its content was WAY out of my league for where I am now with my work.
So, as I sit defeated, I would like to share these photos with you. Consider them a prototype for my upcoming portrait series, and an "I'm Sorry" for missing the Thursday post".
xx
Rae

P.S- I plan on switching templates soon, as I recognize you have to double click the image to get into slideshow mode or else you see the photo at a cropped 100%.









0 comments:

Post a Comment